Not only will the following guide work as an introduction to trend trading, it is also the key to finding success with an easy-to-use, repeatable, rule-based, trend trading system.
Whether you are a subscriber, trial user, interested in what we do, or just want to know about how to trade trends, we want to thank you for taking the time to read this.
Below you will find a detailed explanation of our trading style, trading tools, and trading system. You’ll also find lots of useful tips on trend trading, technical analysis, risk management, our indicators, our strategies, and more.
You won’t need to use our in-house tools to put most of the information in this guide to use, but for those fully committed to our trading style, we believe the edge our tools offer is worth it (feel free to judge for yourself by signing up for a free trial).
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Discord! Our Discord group is free to use and gives you direct access to our support and development team, whether you have questions about our system or want to run your trade setups by us, we are always here to help.
Before We Get Started
Let’s quickly go over some important points.
You are coming to us because you are new or looking to improve. While not everyone likes being given advice, it is vital that you accept that everyone is susceptible to certain pitfalls when trading. It is best to be aware and on guard than to get cocky cover these now. Even if none of the following points apply to you, try to internalize them so you can keep your defenses up.
Always trade based on a plan and never trade based on your emotion.
- We will give you a plan, it will be your job to follow it. If you find yourself getting emotional, scale back the amount of money you are trading with until you build confidence.
Never risk more than 1% of your account and always trade in the direction of the trend.
- Even if you learn nothing else, learn this. Trading against the trend is the fastest way to lose your money.
Don’t short or use leverage if you aren’t consistently making profitable trades.
- If you aren’t profitable in one direction, you likely won’t be the other direction. If you aren’t making profitable trades in general, then leverage (margin and options) will only cause you to lose money faster. The only
way to lose your money faster than trading against the trend is trading against the trend with leverage.
Stay humble and keep it simple.
- It is easy to want to think you are smarter than everyone and can beat the market using complex methods… but we have found simple to be best. Our system will have you trading clear trends, not some hidden secret levels. We
want to react to the same support and resistance levels as everyone else, not enter and exit at levels only we can see.
Pre-evaluate and preplan, and then stick to the plan.
- Find a plan that works and then stick to it. We have created a rule-based trading system. If you aren’t sticking to the rules, you aren’t trading the system. By not sticking to the plan you can’t properly manage risk or
That is it really. Don’t trade based on emotions and get cocky trying to 100x long before you know you are a profitable trader. Do use a simple rule-based trading system and proper risk management. And always trade in the direction of the trend. Easy right?
Now with that all of that is out of the way, let’s get to the good stuff!